Assemble it and discover the principle of a 4-speed Manual Gearbox
Experiment: the model comes with a QR Code to download an interactive Pocket Model Study Guide which includes engaging and interesting tasks to learn more about how a Gearbox works.
Immerse yourself in Augmented Reality (AR), find out how the Gearbox is used in a production line, and interact with it via the dedicated Ugears application.
The Mechanism of the Gearbox is composed of:
- Gear shifting lever
- Layshaft with gear couplings
- Reverse idle gear bearing
- Drive shaft
- Actuator handle
When and Who invented it?
The invention of the gearbox belongs to the famous German engineer Karl Benz.
A gearbox is mainly used in the automobile industry as a part of the car transmission mechanism that transfers torque from the engine’s shaft to the wheels.
The Gearbox is developed to serve as a learning tool rather than a puzzle.
Just like the rest of Ugear’s collections, putting STEM-lab models together is fun and comprehensive: everything you need to build, learn and discover comes in a box. There you will find:
- High-quality wooden boards with pre-cut details and other standard supplies. Assembly requires no glue or additional tools. The details come out of the boards with a slight push.
- Detailed step-by-step colour instruction manual. Easy to follow – easy to learn.
- Examples and suggestions for your fun hands-on projects.
- QR-code to Pocket Model’s Study Guide (the Gearbox Essentials with description of the mechanism, principle of working, main characteristics, definitions, and formulas).