Assemble the Counter and discover the principle of a working Three-digit Clicker-Counter
Experiment: the model comes with a QR Code to download an interactive Pocket Model Study Guide which includes engaging and interesting tasks to learn more about how a Counter works.
Immerse yourself in Augmented Reality (AR), find out how the Counter is used in a production line, and interact with it via the dedicated Ugears application.
The Mechanism of the Counter is composed of:
- Click-button to register values
- Cylinder gears with numbers
- Geneva Drive
- A Turn handle to register values
When and Who invented it?
A counter, as a key part of the odometer mechanism, was invented by an Ancient Greek mathematician and engineer Hero of Alexandria who lived in 10-70 AD. It measured the length of the path by counting the number of rotations of the wheel. Later, the counter was improved and completed with a reducer that reduced the number of the wheel’s revolutions depending on the measuring system (miles, leagues, kilometers) and showed reduced data on the display.
These days, counters are used to count the number of passengers, visitors of different events, cars passing through certain checkpoints, sets and scores in sport, items on a production line, etc.
The Counter is developed to serve as a learning tool rather than a puzzle.
Just like the rest of Ugears collections, putting STEM-lab models together is fun and comprehensive: everything you need to build, learn, and discover comes in a box. There you will find:
- High-quality wooden boards with pre-cut details and other standard supplies. Assembly requires no glue or additional tools. The details come out of the boards with a slight push.
- Detailed step-by-step colour instruction manual. Easy to follow – easy to learn.
- Examples and suggestions for your fun hands-on projects.
- QR-code to Pocket Model’s Study Guide (the Counter Essentials with a description of the mechanism, principle of working, main characteristics, definitions, and formulas).
- QR-code to Ugears AR Application. New exciting features from Ugears to make your learning experience even more fascinating!